Marquez’s world domination, a possible century of podiums for Dovi and all of the choice needed issues you might want to to clutch earlier than the Japan GP
Repsol Honda Crew’s Marc Marquez continued his price in direction of world domination in 2019 by bagging pole diagram at Motegi and in doing so ticking off the remaining circuit on the calendar he had previously failed to reveal a MotoGP™ pole diagram at. However where does he snide in the all-time list of most circuits to possess taken a premier class pole diagram at? Listed below are the ten issues you might want to to clutch earlier than Sunday’s Motul Broad Prix of Japan!
“At closing we did!” – first words after Q2 in Japan 19/10/2019
FREE VIDEO: Head to parc ferme at the Japan GP with Simon Crafar to hear the rider’s thoughts after Qualifying
1. Marc Marquez has good on pole diagram for the most valuable time in the MotoGP™ class at Motegi, which diagram he has good on pole in the premier class no longer decrease than once at each display screen on the contemporary calendar and at a full of 20 diverse circuits. Mick Doohan holds the story in the premier class with 24 diverse tracks, adopted by Valentino Rossi (21), Marquez (20) and Casey Stoner/Kevin Schwantz (18).
Michelin Supreme Lap of the Twin Ring Motegi 19/10/2019
Discover precisely how snappy the MotoGP™ poleman would possibly perhaps well perhaps perhaps possess long past at some stage in qualifying at the Motul Broad Prix of Japan
2. That is the 62nd pole diagram for Marc Marquez on what’s his 124th launch in the premier class, which diagram he has all over once more good on pole diagram in precisely half of of the races he has competed in since he stepped as much as the premier class in 2013.
OnBoard: Marquez’s pole-successful lap for FREE! 19/10/2019
Soar OnBoard with the Repsol Honda rider as we fly across the Twin Ring Motegi in Japan
3. Franco Morbidelli has good in 2nd diagram, equalling his handiest qualifying result in the MotoGP™ class from Jerez earlier this yr.
Morbidelli masters combined prerequisites in Motegi for entrance row 19/10/2019
The Petronas Yamaha SRT rider changed into once the quickest Yamaha of the day and can open from P2 in the journey the following day
4. Finishing the entrance row is Fabio Quartararo. Since his first entrance row of his rookie season in Jerez this yr when he changed into once on pole diagram, the Frenchman has handiest overlooked out on the tip three on three events: Le Mans, Brno and Silverstone.
One other entrance row for snappy Fabio Quartararo 19/10/2019
The French rookie stated that entrance row wasn’t his diagram but he did it anyway, in his hunt for his maiden victory
5. Fabio Quartararo have to be greater than 75 capabilities earlier than Joan Mir after Motegi to ranking the fight for the Rookie of the 365 days. He’s at prove 85 ahead, and Mir is his handiest remaining rival.
FREE: The closing 5 minutes of qualifying in Japan 19/10/2019
Relive the thrilling closing moments as 12 riders gave it their taking into consideration pole at the Motul Broad Prix of Japan
6. With Franco Morbidelli, Fabio Quartararo and Maverick Viñales, here’s the fourth time this yr there are three Yamaha riders for the length of the tip four in qualifying alongside with Catalunya, San Marino and Thailand. The closing podium discontinue for Yamaha riders at Motegi changed into once in 2015 as Valentino Rossi took 2nd adopted by Jorge Lorenzo in third.
How snappy does a riders heart beat when he is on a hot lap? 19/10/2019
High-tail with Monster Energy Yamaha’s Maverick Viñales and survey his blood stress upward push as he tried for pole in Japan
7. Jack Miller, who has failed to ranking a level in his two visits to Japan in MotoGP™, has good in sixth and is top Ducati. It’s his 2nd successive sixth diagram to create it the 11th time this yr he has good on the most valuable two rows.
Miller snappy but “couldn’t appear to string a lap collectively” 19/10/2019
The Pramac Racing rider isn’t always in actuality moderately as elated with the 2nd row as he’d fancy but has confirmed he is bought the creep for the following day
8. Final yr’s polesitter Andrea Dovizioso, who has been on pole at Motegi thrice, has good seventh. Very finest twice has he good decrease on the grid at Motegi: ninth in 2017, when he fought encourage to settle on the ranking, and 13th in his rookie yr in MotoGP™ in 2008. That is the eighth time this yr Dovizioso has failed to qualify on the most valuable two rows. A podium discontinue for Desmo Dovi the following day would possibly perhaps well perhaps perhaps be his 100th in this Broad Prix profession.
MotoGP™ Q2 at the Japan GP: the fight for pole diagram 19/10/2019
The war for pole is on! Who will location the fastest lap and launch from the entrance of the grid?
9. Danilo Petrucci, who executed third at Motegi in the moist in 2017, has good in eighth diagram, which is the 10th time this season he has good for the length of the entrance three rows of the grid at the same time as also being his 2nd-handiest qualifying result at Motegi.
Take a look at out Rossi’s contemporary braking model for the Eastern GP 19/10/2019
The Monster Energy Yamaha rider is making an strive out diverse braking model at Motegi. He explains if it’s helped this day
10. Valentino Rossi, who changed into once the most valuable Yamaha rider across the line closing yr in Motegi in fourth, has good 10th, which is handiest the third time on his 20 visits to the Eastern circuit that he has failed to qualify for the length of the entrance three rows of the grid.
Gape each 2019 journey LIVE & OnDemand and ranking pleasure from the total motogp.com video library, at the side of technical parts, unusual interviews and classic races, with the MotoGP™ VideoPass