Spherical 3 of the 2019/20 FIA World Persistence Championship will happen on Sunday 10 November. The main Chinese spherical of the FIA WEC became as soon as held in October 2012 and, whereas this is able to well per chance well also be the eighth edition of the hasten, this is able to well per chance well also be first time is urge over 4 hours as an different of the identical old 6 hours.
Here are 25 info and figures about the hasten in Shanghai, Shanghai World Circuit and the metropolis of Shanghai.
- Shanghai has viewed a blended 206 autos open the earlier seven runnings, with 22 of these failing to survey the chequered flag, making an 89.3% enact rate.
- The 206 starters at Shanghai secure raced for 31,332 laps in all, or 170,791 km. The most got here in 2016, with the 31 entrants preserving 27,849 km, for the perfect time greater than 5,000 laps had been coated in China.
- The LMP1 podium at Shanghai 2018 hosted a reunion of current F1 World Champions and McLaren F1 group-mates Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button, the pair sharing a podium for the first time for the explanation that 2012 Brazilian Monumental Prix. Alonso’s Toyota TS050 featured Kazuki Nakajima and Sebastien Buemi, whilst Button’s SMP Racing BR1 crew contained Vitaly Petrov – all current F1 drivers.
- All four class lap records had been broken in 2017, with Sebastien Buemi lapping the 5.451km circuit in 1m45.892s to position a novel WEC hasten lap file. Attributable to the heavy rain for the length of the 2018 hasten, none of the 2017 records had been broken.
- Pedro Lamy (LMGTE AM) has each and each the hasten in Shanghai four times and in two various autos (Corvette in 2012 and Aston Martin in 2014 / 2016 / 2017). The Portuguese driver has moreover the most class pole positions with five, interested by Aston Martin (2014/2015/2016/2017/2018).
- Julien Canal is the perfect driver to secure gained the hasten in Shanghai in two various courses (LMGTE Am in 2012 and LMP2 in 2014 and 2017)
- G-Power Racing has gained the LMP2 class three times (2013, 2014 and 2016).
- Jackie Chan DC Racing gained the LMP2 class in 2018, changing into the first Chinese flagged group to catch at home in Shanghai.
- The longest hasten distance became as soon as in 2016 with Timo Bernhard, Brendon Hartley and Ticket Webber winning after winding up 1062.95km (195 laps). This hasten distance became as soon as equalled in 2017.
- Ferrari has by no system gained in the LMGTE Skilled class at Shanghai. Aston Martin gained in 2012, 2013 and 2018, Porsche gained in 2014 and 2015 and Ford in 2016 and 2017.
- Chevrolet gained the LMGTE Am class in 2012 with Larbre Competition, in 2013 it became as soon as Ferrari with 8 Valuable individual Motorsports, Ferrari with AF Corse in 2015, Aston Martin Racing in 2014, 2016 and 2017, with Porsche taking their first class have in 2018 with Dempsey-Proton Racing.
- Stefan Mucke has secured the LMGTE Skilled pole build three times for 2 various producers. In 2013 and 2014 the German driver took pole build with Aston Martin, alongside Darren Turner, and in 2018 he took pole build with Olivier Pla for Ford in the American producers final season in the WEC.
- Pedro Lamy secured the LMGTE Am pole five times in the seven editions of the Shanghai hasten, four with Canadian driver Paul Dalla Lana. In 2019 Dalla Lana is calling to bag his fifth consecutive pole with his unique teammates Darren Turner, who has three LMGTE Skilled class poles in Shanghai, and Ross Gunn.
- Mike Conway, Nicki Thiim and Olivier Pla secure all secured pole build for the hasten in Shanghai in two various courses. Conway in LMP2 (2013) and LMP1 (2017/ 2018), Thiim in LMGTE Am (2013) and LMGTE Skilled (2017) and Pla in LMP2 (2014) and LMGTE Skilled (2018).
- Aston Martin has been the most a success mark in LMGTE qualifying taking the class pole on as a minimal 10 times from a maximum of 14 (6 in LMGTE Am and 4 in LMGTE Skilled).
- In LMP1 Alex Wurz secured pole build for Toyota in 2012 and 2013 (with Nicolas Lapierre), in 2014 Neel Jani and Romain Dumas and in 2015 and 2016 Ticket Webber and Brendon Hartley took pole build for Porsche. In 2017 and 2018 Kamui Kobayashi and Mike Conway took pole for Toyota
- The quickest pole build average lap became as soon as build in 2015 with a 1m42.719 by Brendon Hartley (1m42.621) and Ticket Webber (1m42.818)
- Lap Records
5 November 2017
Oreca 07 – Gibson
5 November 2017
5 November 2017
Porsche 911 RSR (991)
5 November 2017
Shanghai World Circuit
- Work started in April 2003 and in 18 months the location became as soon as reworked from swampland to a world racetrack with a group of 3000 engineers working one day of the clock.
- The observe layout became as soon as inspired from the Chinese character shang (上) the first character in the title of the metropolis Shanghai, meaning “above” or “ascend”.
- Circuit Length: 5.451 km (3.387 miles) / 1170m: The dimension of the abet straight at the Shanghai World Circuit.
- With a population of 24,256,800 (in 2014), Shanghai is the perfect Chinese metropolis by population and the perfect metropolis appropriate by population on this planet.
- Shanghai municipality location is 6,340.5 km2 or 2,448.1 sq miles
- The 2 Chinese characters in the metropolis’s title are 上 (shàng, “above”) and 海 (hǎi, “sea”), together meaning “Upon-the-Sea”.
- Shanghai moreover has various nicknames in English, including “Pearl of the Orient” and “Paris of the East”.