The 2019/20 FIA World Endurance Championship resumes in Belgium after a protracted six months destroy attributable to the Covid-19 pandemic The Total 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is Spherical 6 of the 2019/20 season and will most likely be held on Saturday 15 August within the serve of closed doors.
Uniquely Spa-Francorchamps featured twice right by the 2018/19 Huge Season because it was once the venue for Spherical 1 and Spherical 7 before the closing tournament at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June 2019.
2020 would possibly well well be the ninth edition of the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. The 7km circuit has produced some mountainous no longer off beam action since that first stride in 2012 and here are some facts and figures
- In 2019 all four class lap records were broken, with the official lap myth now standing at 1m57.394 site by Mike Conway within the no7 Toyota Gazoo Racing Toyota TS050-Hybrid.
- The fastest ever lap recorded by a WEC car at Spa-Francorchamps is 1m53.658 (221.8kph) site by Stephane Sarrazin (no9 Toyota TS050-Hybrid) right by qualifying in 2017
- Overall the head flee recorded in 2018 was once 328.4kph, site by the no17 SMP Racing BR1-AER of Egor Orudzhev. In 2017 the head flee was once 320.6kph, site by the no4 Bykolles Racing Team Enso CLM-Nismo of Oliver Webb. In 2016 it was once 318.4kph in comparison to 319.5kph in 2015, 311.2 kph in 2014, 308.6kph in 2013 and 302kph in 2012.
- Toyota received in 2018 and 2019 with the no8 TS050-Hybrid of Sebastien Buemi, Kazuki Nakajima and Fernando Alonso securing both victories on their draw to the World Championship title.
- G-Pressure Racing rob the parable for the selection of LMP2 wins, which is 3.
- In LMGTE Pro Ferrari occupy received four instances (2013, 14, 16 and 17), Aston Martin twice (2015/2019), Porsche and Ford once (2012 and 2018 respectively).
- Paul Dalla Lana, Pedro Lamy and Mathias Lauda received the LMGTE Am class at Spa for four years in a row – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- 2014 FIA World Endurance Drivers Champion Anthony Davidson has received in two classes at Spa. He received in his championship year within the LMP1 class Toyota TS040-Hybrid and again in 2017 within the TS050. In 2019 Davidson received in LMP2 within the no21 Dragonspeed Oreca 07-Gibson.
- The 2019 successful car done 133 laps in 2019; the stride distance was once 931.53km. The longest stride distance was once in 2015 – 1232.69km / 176 laps
- Endurance racing at Spa-Francorchamps would be traced serve to the mid 1920s when the Spa 24 Hours stride was once first flee. In 1966, Spa shaped a spherical of the World Sportscar Championship as a 1000km stride however was once discontinued in 1975. The circuit was once shortened to alleviate security concerns and the 1000km stride returned in 1982. Since 2012, Spa has been a neatly-liked stay on the WEC calendar.
- At 7,004km in length, Spa is the 2nd longest circuit on the WEC calendar after Le Mans. It is miles produced from 19 corners and has the perfect elevation of any stride song of the season, with over 100 metres between the bottom and perfect sections.
- Aston Martin Racing’s Maxime Martin is the very finest Belgian driver entered for this year’s tournament. In May perhaps perchance presumably merely 2019 Martin, and teammate Alex Lynn, received the LMGTE Pro category riding the no97 Aston Martin Racing Vantage.