Because the FIA World Endurance Championship prepares for its last bustle of Season 8 in Bahrain, it additionally marks the countdown to the last time that LMP1 will create the championship’s top-tier category earlier than the introduction of the Hypercars in 2021.
For the reason that first bustle at Sebring in March 2012, there had been some hugely memorable moments in LMP1 and right here are some info and figures from the past eight years.
9 LMP1 engine manufacturers
There had been nine assorted LMP1 engine manufacturers: Audi, AER, Gibson, Judd, Nismo, Mecachrome, Honda, Toyota, Porsche
12 assorted LMP1 manufacturers
There possess additionally been 12 assorted manufacturers of LMP1 autos since 2012. They encompass: Audi, BR Engineering, CLM/Enso, Dome, Ginetta, Honda, Lola, Nissan, OAK/Pescarolo, Oreca (branded as Riot), Porsche and Toyota.
17.5 times spherical the globe!
Originate you understand that LMP1 autos possess raced competitively in the WEC for a total of 708,314km since 2012. That’s a staggering 17.5 times spherical your whole globe! 330,117km of the total 708,314km had been raced at Le Mans itself – correct over eight times spherical the globe…
Or to separate it by kilometres raced in every continent, right here’s the elephantine breakdown:
• 476,539km in Europe
• 142,978km in Asia
• 69,933km in North The usa
• 18,864km in South The usa
92,856 laps done
Collectively, LMP1 autos possess done a total of 92,856 laps since the WEC began.
• Toyota possess done 24,118 laps, or 25.97% of all LMP1 autos
• Audi is 2nd on 19,659 laps (21.17%)
• Riot is third with 18,158 laps (19.56%)
22 assorted nationalities
There are a total of 22 assorted nationalities that rep up drivers who possess competed in LMP1 since 2012. The dwelling international locations of drivers encompass: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, India, Italy, Japan, Recent Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK*, USA *27 assorted drivers from the UK is the most.
63 bustle appearances for Toyota
Toyota wins the award for the LMP1 personnel that has competed in the most WEC races with a total of 63 rounds (the Japanese squad missed Sebring and Spa 2012). A total of 121 TS030/40/50 Hybrid autos possess began races, with 16 DNF/DSQ – that’s an spectacular 87% attain rate.
113 LMP1 drivers
113 drivers possess done no longer no longer as much as 1 lap in a session at a bustle weekend.
Closest-ever finishes below inexperienced flag stipulations:
• Closest-ever attain between teammates – 0.276 seconds between Porsche No. 2 and Porsche No. 1 at COTA assist in 2017
• Closest-ever attain between rival teams – 1.439 seconds between Toyota No. 6 and Audi No. 8 at Fuji in 2016
• Hybrid – 345.6 km/h by Lucas di Grassi – Audi R18 e-tron quattro, Le Mans 2015
• Non-Hybrid – 350.1 km/h by Stoffel Vandoorne – BR Engineering BR1, Le Mans 2019
• 34 assorted drivers possess gained in LMP1, representing 14 assorted nationalities
• 12 of those 34 possess additionally gained in a single other WEC class too
• 7 French drivers possess gained a bustle outright, the most of any nation – Treluyer, Lapierre, Duval, Dumas, Sarrazin, Nato, Laurent
• Sebastien Buemi is joint 2nd most successfuly driver in WEC historical past, scoring his 17th assortment victory last time out at Le Mans
• 7 drivers who possess raced in LMP1 possess (earlier than, or after) gained a WEC title in a particular class – Baguette, Corridor (2013), Lapierre, Menezes, Collard (2016), Senna (2017), Albuquerque (2019/20)