Round 3 of the FIA World Persistence Championship will spend narrate on the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza in Italy. While The Prologue, the legitimate preseason take a look at, turn out to be held at Monza in 2017, the FIA WEC has never raced at Italy’s premier bustle circuit.
|Flee length:||6 hours|
The Autodromo Nazionale di Monza is a ancient racetrack stop to the city of
Monza, north of Milan. In-constructed 1922, it turn out to be the area’s third aim-constructed motor racing circuit after Brooklands and Indianapolis.
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
Tel: +39 039 24821
Milan Linate – 16 miles / 26 km
Milan Malpensa – 36 miles / 58 km
HIGHLIGHTS FOR ROUND 3
The 6 Hours of Monza would possibly perhaps presumably perhaps be the closing take a look at for the teams and drivers before the ‘immense one’, the 24 Hours of Le Mans in August. Some teams and drivers had been able to accumulate extra be aware at Monza when the European Le Mans Series held Round 4 of the 2021 season, the 4 Hours of Monza, on Sunday 11 July.
- The 6 Hours of Monza will understand an additional automobile in Hypercar class with the 2nd Glickenhaus 007 LMH making its WEC debut in Italy. This brings the total collection of autos in the class as a lot as 5 alongside the two Toyota GR010 Hybrids and the Alpine A480-Gibson.
- 37 autos are entered for the 6 Hours of Monza – 5 LMH, 12 LMP2, 4 LMGTE Pro, 16 LMGTE Am
- The 6 Hours of Monza is the 2nd of three 6-hour races on the 2021 calendar, the third 6-hour bustle now being held on the Bahrain International Circuit on Saturday 30 October following the cancellation of the 6 Hours of Fuji closing week.
- The 6 Hours of Monza shall be hosting a restricted collection of spectators because the first FIA WEC bustle since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
- Ferrari is at show cloak leading the LMGTE World Persistence Producers Championship with an 18-level revenue over Porsche in the standings.
- 2017 World GTE Champion Alessandro Pier Guidi shall be racing the #51 Ferrari at home and has already enjoyed the look from the tip step of the Monza podium after winning the ELMS 4 Hours of Monza with the Spirit of Flee Ferrari on Sunday 11 July.
- There are 14 Italian drivers amongst the 106 entrants attributable to spend segment in Round 3 of the 2021 FIA WEC. All of the Italian drivers are taking segment in the LMGTE classes, two in LMGTE Pro and twelve in LMGTE Am.
- There shall be 10 Ferrari 488 GTE EVOs on the grid. Eight of these shall be flee by Italian teams AF Corse (5), Iron Lynx (2) and Cetilar Racing (1). German crew Rinaldi Racing and British crew Inception Racing will each flee a single Ferrari on the 6 Hours of Monza.
- Peugeot will advise their currently unveiled 9X8 Le Mans Hypercar at Monza.
A LOOK BACK AT ROUND 2 – 8 Hours of Portimão
Round 2 of the 2021 FIA World Persistence Championship noticed an memoir fight for victory in each of the classes, with Toyota Gazoo Racing taking a 1-2 on the head of the 32-automobile field on the dwell of the 8 Hours of Portimão. The #8 Toyota GR010-Hybrid, driven by Sebastien Buemi, Brendon Hartley and Kazuki Nakajima, took a closing gasp purchase after being challenged by the #7 Toyota in the closing 15 minutes of the bustle and a bustle lengthy area by the #36 Alpine Elf Matmut A480-Gibson.
In LMGTE Pro, Ferrari changed into the tables on pole-sitting Porsche to recount a conclusive 1-2 with James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi taking most bustle capabilities on Calado’s birthday.
There turn out to be also an memoir fight in LMP2, with British crew JOTA also scoring a 1-2 after a engaging dead bustle fight between the #38 and #28 Oreca-Gibsons, which noticed native favourite, and FIA System E Champion, Antonio Felix da Costa spend a actually smartly-liked purchase alongside Roberto Gonzalez and 2014 World Champion Anthony Davidson.
The LMGTE Am fight noticed the #47 Cetilar Racing Ferrari stable a debut WEC victory for the all Italian crew of Roberto Lacorte, Giorgio Sernagiotto, Antonio Fuoco
CHAMPIONSHIP LEADERS AFTER ROUND 2
Brendon HARTLEY / Kazuki NAKAJIMA / Sebastien BUEMI
#8 Toyota Gazoo Racing – Toyota GR010 Hybrid
Jose Maria LOPEZ / Kamui KOBAYASHI / Mike CONWAY
#7 Toyota Gazoo Racing – Toyota GR010 Hybrid
Alessandro PIER GUIDI / James CALADO
#51 AF Corse – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO
Kevin ESTRE / Neel JANI
#92 Porsche GT Group Porsche 911 RSR-19
Anthony DAVIDSON / Antonio Felix DA COSTA / Roberto GONZALEZ
#38 JOTA – Oreca 07-Gibson
#22 United Autosports USA – Oreca 07-Gibson
Antonio FUOCO / Giorgio SERNAGIOTTO / Roberto LACORTE
#47 Cetilar Racing – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO
Francesco CASTELLACCI / Giancarlo FISICHELLA / Thomas FLOHR
#54 AF Corse – Ferrari 488 GTE EVO
FIA WEC TIMETABLE
|Thursday, 15 July|
|13: 00 – 19: 00||Scrutineering|
Friday, 16 July
|15: 30 – 17: 00||Free Prepare 1|
|Saturday, 17 July|
|09: 30 – 11: 00||Free Prepare 2|
|14: 00 – 15: 00||Free Prepare 3|
|18: 00 – 18: 10||Qualifying – LMGTE Pro/LMGTE Am|
|18: 20 – 18: 30||Qualifying – HYPERCAR/LMP2|
|18: 45||Qualifying Press Convention|
Sunday, 18 July
|12: 00 – 18: 00||RACE: 6 Hours of Monza|
|18: 30||Post-bustle Press Convention|