The next hearing of the International Court docket of Allure took location on 22 June 2021 in Paris:
Case ICA-2021-01: Allure lodged by Mr Luca Corberi towards Resolution No. IT-2021-01 dated 19 April 2021 of the International Tribunal of the FIA
On 4 October 2020, on the South Garda Karting circuit in Lonato, in the framework of the 2020 FIA KZ Karting World Championship Closing, the driver Mr Luca Corberi used to be fascinated about the next incidents:
(i) he threw the entrance fairing of his kart to the note while numerous drivers had been restful competing;
(ii) he bodily attacked one other driver.
On 1 February 2021, the President of the FIA decided to submit this case to the International Tribunal pursuant to Article 4.2 a) of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Options.
On 19 April 2021, the International Tribunal, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided to:
– Verify the disqualification of Mr Luca Corberi from the competition of Lonato, Italy (2020 FIA Karting World Championship-KZ);
Impose to Mr Luca Corberi a suspension (Article 12.3.1.n of the FIA International Wearing Code (1) and a ban (Articles 5.2.2.b (2) and 5.2.2.d (3) of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Options) for a period of 15 years starting up on the date of coming into pressure of the choice of the International Tribunal.
(1) The Suspension deprives, for a specified time period, the particular person arena to it of the precise to use share, straight or no longer straight and in any capability in anyway, in (i) any Competition organised or regulated by the FIA or the ASNs (or positioned beneath their authority), and (ii) any preparatory checking out and practicing organised or regulated by the FIA or the ASNs (or positioned beneath their authority) or organised by their members or licence‐holders. (Article 12.4.1.n of the 2021 FIA International Wearing Code)
(2) Ban on taking share or exercising a feature, straight or no longer straight, in competitions, occasions or championships organised straight or no longer straight on behalf of or by the FIA, or arena to the regulations and selections of the FIA
(3) Ban on exercising within the FIA any responsibilities in anyway as an govt officer, a member of a rate, or a president of a rate, or any responsibilities of any nature in anyway on behalf of the FIA and/or within a body of the FIA
On 23 April 2021, Mr Luca Corberi decided to charm the choice of the International Tribunal.
Resolution of the International Court docket of Allure
The Court docket, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided:
- Reject the charm;
- Uphold the choice of the International Tribunal (i.e. a suspension and a ban for a period of 15 years).
The International Court docket of Allure used to be presided over by Mr Harry DUIJM (Netherlands), and included Mr Michael GRECH (Malta), Mr Philippe NARMINO (Monaco) and Mr Erich SEDELMAYER (Austria).
Beefy decision is offered right here.