Brno Test is underway and it’s the Frenchman who currently tops the times as new items and 2020 machinery make their debuts
As of 14:00 local time (GMT 2) at the post-GP Brno Test, Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) sits 0.012 ahead of Sunday’s race winner Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) as teams debut new innovations and early 2020 spec machinery in the Czech Republic.
Yamaha have rolled out the first step of their new engine which is expected to have better top speed and drivability, with Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) spending time out on a black bike. ‘The Doctor’ currently sits 12th on the times, with teammate Maverick Viñales ninth.
Meanwhile, Championship leader Marquez has three different bikes to play with on Monday, with Team Suzuki Ecstar trying an updated version of the swingarm they tested in Catalonia.
Follow the action via Live Timing and keep an eye on motogp.com later today for an end of day report, video highlights and interviews from a busy day in the Czech Republic.
Top 10 (14:00 LT):
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) 1:56.225
2. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) 0.012
3. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda Castrol) 0.265
4. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) 0.292
5. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) 0.424
6. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) 0.456
7. Jack Miller (Pramac Racing) 0.459
8. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) 0.469
9. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) 0.472
10. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) 0.584
Watch every 2019 race LIVE & OnDemand and enjoy the whole motogp.com video library, including technical features, exclusives interviews and classic races, with the MotoGP™ VideoPass