The electric class are in Austria for Round 2 and it’s the top two in the Championship who led the way
Sachsenring race winner Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) edged out One Energy Racing’s Bradley Smith in FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup FP1 at the myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich as the top two in the Championship set the pace on Friday morning.
Tuuli set a 1:35.866 to lead Smith by 0.072, with Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) 0.157 back in third to make it the podium finishers from the inaugural weekend who sit top of the tree at the beginning of Round 2. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse) and Xavier Simeon (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) completed the top five in FP1.
Live Timing will be available for MotoE™ FP2 at 16:50 local time (GMT 2) on Friday afternoon.
1. Niki Tuuli (Ajo MotoE) – 1:35.866
2. Bradley Smith (One Energy Racing) 0.072
3. Mike Di Meglio (EG 0,0 Marc VDS) 0.157
4. Mattia Casadei (Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse) 0.205
5. Xavier Simeon (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) 0.593
6. Eric Granado (Avintia Esponsorama Racing) 0.611
7. Matteo Ferrari (Trentino Gresini MotoE) 0.705
8. Jesko Raffin (Dynavolt Intact GP) 0.718
9. Sete Gibernau (Join Contract Pons 40) 0.878
10. Hector Garzo (Tech 3 E-Racing) 0.899
Watch every 2019 race LIVE & OnDemand and enjoy the whole motogp.com video library, including technical features, exclusive interviews and classic races, with the MotoGP™ VideoPass