Misano Test is underway and it’s two Yamahas who are currently top of the timesheets
The MotoGP™ riders have been busy on the first morning of the Misano Test and currently leading the way is Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) with a 1:33.539, 0.024 faster than fellow Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP). Ducati Team test rider Michele Pirro is third on the timesheets, 0.111 behind Quartararo.
After his heavy crash at Turn 1 during the British GP, Quartararo is fit to ride at Misano and the rookie isn’t taking his time to adapt to the circuit. Championship leader Marc Marquez has a carbon fibre Repsol Honda Team bike at his disposal, he sits fifth quickest at midday.
British GP winner Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) suffered a crash at Turn 8 early in the afternoon, rider ok. Miguel Oliveira’s (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) test has ended early after the Portuguese rider still felt pain from his Silverstone crash, so he has headed home to rest up before the San Marino GP on the 15th September.
Top 10 as of 13:00 local time:
1. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) – 1:33.539
2. Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) 0.024
3. Michele Pirro (Ducati Team) 0.111
4. Maverick Viñales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) 0.158
5. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) 0.158
6. Takaaki Nakagami (LCR Honda Idemitsu) 0.268
7. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) 0.344
8. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) 0.464
9. Johann Zarco (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) 0.676
10. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) 0.696
Follow the action via Live Timing and keep an eye on motogp.com for interviews, highlights and an end of day report.
Watch every 2019 race LIVE & OnDemand and enjoy the whole motogp.com video library, including technical features, exclusive interviews and classic races, with the MotoGP™ VideoPass