Strive one of the well-known stats which occupy made the five-time World Champion of the MotoGP™ greats
After pronouncing he’s to retire from MotoGP™ in Valencia, delve into one of the well-known stats in the again of one in all the sport’s factual greats: five-time World Champion Jorge Lorenzo.
– On the 2019 Jap GP, Jorge Lorenzo made his 200th Gargantuan Prix start in the premier class, turning into the seventh rider to attain the milestone in the class and the 2nd Spanish rider alongside with Dani Pedrosa.
Jorge Lorenzo: 18 years in the World Championship 14/11/2019
Look The Spartan’s most attention-grabbing and most wonderful moments in Gargantuan Prix racing – #ThankYouJorge
– Ragged 32 years and 169 days passe on urge day at Motegi in 2019, Lorenzo grew to change into the youngest rider to attain the milestone of 200 premier class starts, taking the file from Dani Pedrosa who become 32 years and 170 days passe on the 2018 Qatar GP.
– Lorenzo (47) is then the 2nd Spanish rider with basically the most GP wins in the premier class in the again of Marquez (55).
– Lorenzo (20 years 345 days passe) is the third-youngest rider to preserve in three Gargantuan Prix solo lessons in the again of Marc Marquez (20 years 63 days passe) and Pedrosa (20 years 227 days passe).
– In addition, at 20 years 345 days passe, Lorenzo sits in sixth pickle on the checklist of the youngest riders to preserve in the premier class, in the again of Randy Mamola (20 years 239 days passe).
– Lorenzo (18 years 326 days passe) is the fourth-youngest rider to preserve in the intermediate class in Spain, 2006, on his manner to turning into the 2nd-youngest rider to clinch the intermediate class title (19 years and 178 days passe) in the again of Pedrosa (19 years and 18 days passe).
– Lorenzo is the youngest rider to start a GP urge, aged 15 years and 1 day passe in Jerez again in 2002.
Jorge Lorenzo Press Conference: ‘The Spartan’ retires 14/11/2019
Look the beefy Press Conference with the 5-time World Champion, in Valencia, where he presented his retirement from Gargantuan Prix racing
– With five world titles (2 x 250cc, 3 x MotoGP™), Lorenzo is the third Spanish rider with basically the most Championship wins in the history of Gargantuan Prix Racing in the again of Marquez (8) and Angel Nieto (12 1).
– Since 2008, Lorenzo has been runner-up on three occasions (2009, 2011, 2013) and performed throughout the high three on eight occasions (from 2009 to 2016), while his most attention-grabbing become in 2010 when he won the MotoGP™ title with 383 functions (9 wins, 16 podiums and 7 pole positions).
– In 2010, Lorenzo grew to change into the 2nd Spanish rider to clinch a premier class world title after Alex Criville (1999/500cc).
– At Mugello, 2018, Lorenzo grew to change into the 2nd rider in the history of Gargantuan Prix racing to preserve on both Yamaha and Ducati machinery, alongside with Loris Capirossi.
Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta reacts to Lorenzo’s retirement 14/11/2019
Carmelo Ezpeleta reflects on 18 years of Gargantuan Prix racing, 5 World Titles, and pronouncing he’s to change into a MotoGP™ Narrative
– Lorenzo took 24 races to preserve with Ducati. Only two riders took fewer races to stand on the high step of the podium with the Bologna manufacturing facility: Capirossi (6) races and Casey Stoner (1).
– Lorenzo’s preserve at Mugello/2018 become the 25th time of his 47 wins in the premier class that he had won after main across the line on each lap, the 5th time at Mugello (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018).
– In Barcelona, 2018, Lorenzo grew to change into the fourth rider to attain the milestone of 150 podium finishes in Gargantuan Prix racing alongside with Valentino Rossi, Giacomo Agostini and Pedrosa. He become the 2nd Spanish rider to attain so.
– Austria 2018 become Lorenzo’s first preserve on the Crimson Bull Ring, which is the 17th totally different circuit by which he has won on the least once in the premier class.
– Lorenzo’s preserve in Austria/2018 become the 29th time of his 47 wins in the premier class that he had no longer won initiating from pole shriek.
– In Barcelona, 2018, Lorenzo grew to change into the eighth rider to qualify on pole shriek with bikes from two totally different manufacturers in the MotoGP™ class since 2002. Others to attain that are Rossi, Andrea Dovizioso, Stoner, Max Biaggi, Sete Gibernau and Aleix Espargaro.
– In 2015, Lorenzo grew to change into reliable the third rider to clinch a premier class title in the final urge of the year with functions deficit main into it, alongside with Wayne Rainey (1992) and Nicky Hayden (2006).