The 2019/20 FIA World Patience Championship resumes in Belgium after a long six months destroy on account of the Covid-19 pandemic The Entire 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps is Round 6 of the 2019/20 season and is likely to be held on Saturday 15 August within the serve of closed doors.
Uniquely Spa-Francorchamps featured twice for the period of the 2018/19 Astronomical Season because it was as soon as the venue for Round 1 and Round 7 ahead of the final match on the 24 Hours of Le Mans in June 2019.
2020 would possibly perhaps be the ninth edition of the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. The 7km circuit has produced some apt on monitor motion since that first flee in 2012 and right here are some facts and figures
- In 2019 all four class lap files were broken, with the official lap yarn now standing at 1m57.394 plan by Mike Conway within the no7 Toyota Gazoo Racing Toyota TS050-Hybrid.
- The quickest ever lap recorded by a WEC car at Spa-Francorchamps is 1m53.658 (221.8kph) plan by Stephane Sarrazin (no9 Toyota TS050-Hybrid) for the period of qualifying in 2017
- General the head tempo recorded in 2018 was as soon as 328.4kph, plan by the no17 SMP Racing BR1-AER of Egor Orudzhev. In 2017 the head tempo was as soon as 320.6kph, plan by the no4 Bykolles Racing Team Enso CLM-Nismo of Oliver Webb. In 2016 it was as soon as 318.4kph in contrast to 319.5kph in 2015, 311.2 kph in 2014, 308.6kph in 2013 and 302kph in 2012.
- Toyota won in 2018 and 2019 with the no8 TS050-Hybrid of Sebastien Buemi, Kazuki Nakajima and Fernando Alonso securing each victories on their manner to the World Championship title.
- G-Pressure Racing exhaust the yarn for the different of LMP2 wins, which is 3.
- In LMGTE Official Ferrari comprise won four times (2013, 14, 16 and 17), Aston Martin twice (2015/2019), Porsche and Ford as soon as (2012 and 2018 respectively).
- Paul Dalla Lana, Pedro Lamy and Mathias Lauda won the LMGTE Am class at Spa for four years in a row – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- 2014 FIA World Patience Drivers Champion Anthony Davidson has won in two classes at Spa. He won in his championship one year within the LMP1 class Toyota TS040-Hybrid and over again in 2017 within the TS050. In 2019 Davidson won in LMP2 within the no21 Dragonspeed Oreca 07-Gibson.
- The 2019 successful car carried out 133 laps in 2019; the flee distance was as soon as 931.53km. The longest flee distance was as soon as in 2015 – 1232.69km / 176 laps
- Patience racing at Spa-Francorchamps can even be traced serve to the mid 1920s when the Spa 24 Hours flee was as soon as first flee. In 1966, Spa fashioned a round of the World Sportscar Championship as a 1000km flee nonetheless was as soon as discontinued in 1975. The circuit was as soon as shortened to alleviate safety concerns and the 1000km flee returned in 1982. Since 2012, Spa has been a popular end on the WEC calendar.
- At 7,004km in length, Spa is the second longest circuit on the WEC calendar after Le Mans. It’s miles made out of 19 corners and has the capable elevation of any flee monitor of the season, with over 100 metres between the bottom and perfect sections.
- Aston Martin Racing’s Maxime Martin is the capable Belgian driver entered for this one year’s match. In Might perhaps presumably presumably presumably also 2019 Martin, and teammate Alex Lynn, won the LMGTE Official category utilizing the no97 Aston Martin Racing Vantage.