Take a look at out among the stats from the Spaniard’s occupation up to now as he’s crowned MotoGP™ World Champion in Valencia
Crew Suzuki Ecstar’s Joan Mir is now a double World Champion after claiming the 2020 MotoGP™ crown on the penultimate spherical of the season. Make a selection a explore at among the stats compiled correct thru his occupation that admire helped the Spaniard to realize and reign on the head stage.
– Mir is the seventh-youngest rider to clinch a premier class world title, oldschool 23 years and 75 days dilapidated on plug day of the Valencia GP, in the support of Valentino Rossi (22 years and 240 days dilapidated) and earlier than Jorge Lorenzo (23 years and 159 days dilapidated).
– Mir became finest the fourth change Spanish rider to clinch a premier class world title along with Alex Criville (1) Jorge Lorenzo (3) and Marc Marquez (6).
– Mir became the most predominant rider to clinch the premier class world title having previously taken the Moto3™ world title, since the introduction of the category in 2012.
– In addition, Mir became the most predominant frail Red Bull MotoGP Newcomers Cup rider to clinch the premier class world title.
– Mir hasn’t been on pole position up to now this season, turning into the most predominant rider to turn out to be premier class World Champion with out a single pole since Wayne Rainey reduction in 1992.
– At the French GP, Mir took his third podium in three successive premier class races, turning into the most predominant Suzuki rider to realize so since Kenny Roberts Jr. in 2000 (from Malaysia to Spain).
– Following the Aragon GP, Mir led the MotoGP™ Championship for the most predominant time, turning into the most predominant Suzuki rider to lead the premier class standings since Kenny Roberts Jr. when the American took the title in 2000.
– At the European GP, Mir took his finest make a selection of the season up to now, seeing him turn out to be the premier class World Champion to notch up the bottom form of wins correct thru the season. Earlier than Mir, the premier class Champions with the smallest quantity of wins had been Leslie Graham (1949), Umberto Masetti (1950, 1952) and Nicky Hayden (2006), all of them with two wins.
– Mir became the most predominant rider to clinch the premier class world title using a Suzuki since Kenny Roberts Jr. in 2000, and Mir is the most predominant to realize so in the MotoGP™ abilities. Right here is the seventh title claimed by a Suzuki rider in the premier class.
– Mir became the 10th change rider to retract a title using a Suzuki in the historical past of Great Prix racing along with: Kenny Roberts Jr. (500cc, 2000), Kevin Schwantz (500cc: 1993), Franco Uncini (500cc: 1982), Marco Lucchinelli (500cc: 1981), Barry Sheene (500cc: 1976, 1977), Dieter Braun (125cc: 1970), Hans-Georg Anscheidt (50cc: 1966, 1967, 1968), Hugh Anderson (125cc: 1963, 1965; 50cc: 1963, 1964) and Ernst Degner (50cc: 1962).
– This season Mir has stood on the MotoGP™ podium bigger than any change rider (7) including a make a selection on the European GP. Right here is this first time that a single Suzuki rider scored seven or more premier class podiums since Kenny Roberts Jr. in 2000 (9).
Congratulations to Suzuki and Joan Mir!
Every apply session, qualifying war and plug, fresh interviews, historical races and so essential more improbable express: here is VideoPass!