In its third season, the FIA licensed Gran Turismo Championships launched in February with a spectacular World Tour tournament in Sydney.
The pandemic meant no more physical events, however the On-line Season saw 30 rounds of racing for both the Producer Sequence and Worldwide locations Cup. A series of three On-line Regional Finals adopted in November for the Americas, Asia-Oceania, and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa). Every Regional Closing comprised 16 gamers – the tip 12 racers from the On-line Sequence plus four extra gamers who earned their areas by technique of an Additional Stage time trial. Competition modified into fierce, as ever, with areas within the World Finals up for grabs as neatly because the title of Regional Champion.
The World Finals took procedure over three days in December with the total opponents taking part from dwelling but linked to a honest correct-making an are attempting virtual studio by video. This world event of digital motor sport saw 36 opponents from 14 varied countries fight it out in groups of three for the Producer Sequence and 16 opponents from 10 varied countries racing for Worldwide locations Cup glory.
This unprecedented tournament modified into a major technological feat and saw Takuma Miyazono of Japan crowned 2020 FIA GT Championships Worldwide locations Cup Champion. Personnel Subaru gained the Producer Sequence with Takuma Miyazono, Mikail Hizal of Germany and American Daniel Solis taking the using duties.
Worldwide locations Cup – Closing Classification
- T. Miyazono 45 pts
- V. Gallo 42 pts
- R. Kokubun 29 pts
- C.-N. Latkovski 26 pts
- J. Serrano 25 pts
- T. Yamanaka 24 pts
- A. Brooks 24 pts
- G. Mangano 19 pts
- L. Bonelli 18 pts
- C. Lopez 18 pts
Producer Sequence – Closing Classification
- Subaru (M. Hizal – T. Miyazono – D. Solis) 41 pts
- BMW (N. Rubilar – R. Haywood – C. Lopez) 36 pts
- Mercedes-Benz (B. Beauvois – C.-N. Latkovski – L. Bonelli) 31 pts
- Honda (I. Fraga – S. Sugimori – V. Gallo) 22 pts
- Porsche (A. Inostroza – T. Bayless – M. Simmons) 21 pts
- Ford (A. Tapai – A. Wilk – T. Kato) 17 pts
- Citroën (K. Mizuno – A. Regalado – A. Brooks) 16 pts
- Toyota (T. Yamanaka – A. Carrazza – S. Bishop) 16 pts
- Mazda (R. Kokubun – J. Wong – F. Portilla) 11 pts
- Lamborghini (T. Scibilia – M. Troncoso – D. Holland) 11 pts