Positioned within the desert, the spectacular Bahrain World Circuit affords the topic of a sandy and frequently slippery song surface as effectively as racing into the night because the sun sets over the Persian Gulf. The circuit and warmth are disturbing for the drivers, the facilities are 2nd to none, and the welcome is as warmth because the weather.
Missing from the 2018/19 Smooth Season calendar, Bahrain returns to the FIA World Endurance Championship agenda with the first 8-hour bustle of the 2019/20 season. Right here are some details and figures relating to the Bapco 8 Hours of Bahrain, the Bahrain World Circuit and the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Thus some distance the longest bustle became held in 2016 with the no8 Audi R18 polishing off 201 laps, the first time the bustle distance had exceeded 200 laps. The 2016 bustle distance became 1087.812km. In 2019, with an further two hours added to the bustle distance, a singular myth shall be location on Saturday 14 December.
- Audi won in 2012 and 2016, Toyota in 2013, 2014 and 2017 and Porsche in 2015.
- ORECA procure won five of the six LMP2 races: Pecom Racing in 2012, G-Force Racing in 2013 and 2016, KCMG in 2014 and Vaillante Riot in 2017. Ligier won in 2015 with G-Force Racing.
- Ferrari procure won four of the six LMGTE Professional races in Bahrain. The Italian manufacturer won from 2012 to 2014, with Toni Vilander agreeable all three events. The Finn won in 2012 with Giancarlo Fisichella and in 2013 and 2014 with Gianmaria Bruni. In 2017 Sam Hen and Davide Rigon won again for Ferrari, but it unquestionably became the no51 488 GTE that stole the screen as James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi was the first FIA World Endurance GT Drivers Champions and Ferrari the World GT Producer Champions after ending 2nd on the abet of their teammates. Porsche won in 2015, while Aston Martin procure been victorious in 2016.
- Porsche and Aston Martin procure shared the LMGTE Am class honours. Porsche won in 2012 and 2016 while Aston Martin took the class win in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.
- Mike Conway, Nicky Thiim and Sam Hen procure all won the 6 Hours of Bahrain in two totally different classes. In 2013 Conway won LMP2 with G-Force Racing and in 2014 he won in LMP1 with Toyota. Thiim won the LMGTE Am class in 2013 and 2014 and the LMGTE Professional class in 2016, all with Aston Martin Racing. Sam Hen win in LMP2 with G-Force Racing in 2015 and with Ferrari in LMGTE Professional in 2017.
- Drivers who procure won in Bahrain three times
- Roman Rusinov – LMP2 2013 / 2015 / 2016
- Toni Vilander – LMGTE Professional 2012 / 2013 / 2014
- Nicki Thiim – LMGTE Am 2013 / 2014 – LMGTE Professional 2016
8. The unique quickest bustle lap myth is held by Lucas Di Grassi. The LMP2, LMGTE Professional and LMGTE Am records procure been all broken in 2017.
L. Di Grassi
19 Nov 2016
Oreca 07 – Gibson
18 Nov 2017
A. Pier Guidi
Ferrari 488 GTE
18 Nov 2017
Ferrari 488 GTE
18 Nov 2017
BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT
- Opened in 2004, the Bahrain World Circuit became built in 16 months and rate $150 million.
- The Bahrain World Circuit is 5.412km / 3.362 miles in dimension.
- The circuit has 15 turns (9 just appropriate and 6 left).
- Length of originate/attain straight is 1,090 m.
- Circuit floodlighting – turning night into day. A allotment of the floodlight gadget became in part feeble sometime of the 2013 6 Hours of Bahrain and became fully operational for the 2014 bustle.
- 495 light poles erected alongside the song
- Every pole 10 to 45 metres in high
- 5,000 lights
- More than 500km of cabling
THE KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN
- The Kingdom of Bahrain is an archipelago of 35 islands covering 780 square kilometres, making Bahrain the third smallest nation in Asia after the Maldives and Singapore, and has a population of 1.3 million.
- Bahrain is the distance of the inclined land of the Dilmun civilisation. Bahrain became one among the earliest areas to remodel to Islam in 628 AD. Following a duration of Arab rule, Bahrain became occupied by the Portuguese in 1521, who in flip procure been expelled in 1602 by Shah Abbas I of the Safavid dynasty below the Persian Empire. In 1783, the Bani Utbah clan captured Bahrain from Nasr Al-Madhkur and it has since been ruled by the Al Khalifa royal household, with Ahmed al Fateh as Bahrain’s first hakim.
- Bahrain became a British protectorate from 1880 until 1971, when the Kingdom was honest.
- Causeways link the fundamental island with two other islands and with its closest neighbour, Saudi Arabia.
- In Arabic, Bahrayn is the twin build of bahr (“sea”), so al-Bahrayn technique “the 2 seas”.
- Bahrain World Alternate Centre is the first skyscraper within the realm to integrate wind generators into its absorb. Every turbine is 29m in diameter and their skill is 675kw of wind vitality manufacturing.
- Bahrain’s flag feeble to be the greatest flag within the realm, setting a Guinness world myth in 2004 at 169.5m lengthy and 97.1m wide. The five crimson aspects signify the five pillars of Islam.